So for the first time since I’ve started silverliningsblog, I’ve been tagged in something! This was a fun post to do because basically someone tags you to answer questions about your favorite songs and then you tag a few other people and you get to see their answers and get to know people.
I was nominated by theobssesedgirl and you should check out her super cute blog!
The questions are as follows:
- Favorite Song? Can anyone ever really pick just one? I really want to know that person! Mine changes every week but this week I’m picking My Boy by Billie Eilish. Not an all-time favorite but it’s basically all I’ve been listening to.
- Song you hate? New-Daya. I really don’t like being hateful but something about the high-pitched voice makes me really irritable. 😬 Sorry!
- Song you listen to again and again? Capsize by Frenship. Doesn’t get old to me! Really cool message, too.
- Song you don’t like but still sing because it’s repetitive? Havana by Camila Cabello.
- Song you heard so many times that you now hate it? Rockstar- Post Malone ft. 21 Savage
- Song that makes you dance crazy? Happy by Pharrell. Like, how can you not dance to that?
- Songs for depressive times? Eye of the Needle, Breathe Me, I’m In Here, ALL by Sia. Also, Dynasty by Miia, and Ending by Isak Danielson.
- Songs that make you feel like you can actually sing like a superstar? Hallelujah. I’m not sure who sings the original song but the cover by Kate Voegele is one of my favorites.
- Favorite songs from the same album? Florence + The Machine’s most recent album, How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful was really great! I like pretty much all the songs but my favorites are Caught, Queen of Peace, Various Storms and Saints, and Hiding.
- Songs you want in your wedding? Say You Won’t Let Go-James Arthur, Perfect- Ed Sheeran, and Somewhere Only We Know-Keane. There’s a ton more but I’ll keep it short! 🙂
- Song you are thinking of right now? Same Soul-PVRIS…because I really like it but every time I look up the lyrics, the websites all say different things and then I’m like WTF because how am I supposed to know what to sing?! 😂
- Song that your sister/brother is obsessed with? (If you don’t have one, then your BFF): I have other siblings but I have a video of my sister rapping Bodak Yellow by Cardi B and it’s hilarious and SO blackmail-potential so I choose her!
- Song you are listening to right now? None! I’m actually really bad at listening to music and typing simultaneously. 😫
- What kind of melody do you think your blog transmits? A happy one, for sure. Silver Linings Blog gives off happy, positive vibes…or at least that’s what I was intending!
- Song that should be played at your funeral? Depending on my mood, “Fuk the Police” by NWA or Wild Horses. I’m not sure who the original artist of Wild Horses is but the cover by Sarah Simmons (who was a contestant on The Voice) a few years ago is SUPERB. 🙌🏽
- Song you put on to go into the shower? I don’t play any specific song, I definitely shuffle one of my many Spotify playlists. Let me know if you want to follow me on Spotify, if so I’ll share some playlists with you!
- First song that you heard from your favorite bands/singer? I have way too many favorites. However, one artist I haven’t mentioned yet is Lorde. The first song by her was Royals and I actually hated it at first. It grew on me and then her first album ended up being one of my favorites to this day.
- What songs people don’t expect you to know? I really like the Artic Monkeys especially their song “Why’d You Only Call Me When You’re High” and “Wanna Be Yours”. I also secretly indulge in a little country music now and then. Black girls can like all kinds of music, do not be fooled! 😂
Hopefully these answers gave you all some new music to check out whenever boredom strikes. The people I nominated are:
JBH (P.S. I need to figure out your name huh 😋)
Thanks for reading and check out these blogs! 😘